Go Back   MMORPG Maker XB Forums > MMORPG Maker XB Development > General Development

Old 01-27-2011, 10:56 AM

Default mockup screen

yesterday I've made a mockup screen of how i want my beta testmap to look approximately.
as you can see, I've created an original tileset in simple style on my own.
I think it's about the style i'll be continuing to work in for the game. ( its my characteristic style: clean, cute, simple ) ; ) also, as you can see i like my sprites a little bigger. ( they don't wear any class specific clothes yet - i just pixeled them as my bases )

http://www.pictureupload.de/original...mockup-map.jpg

well so much for the graphic's side for now.

the tecnical side is a whole different story that i will eventually need help with, since some kind of features are planned to make gameplay as interesting and fun as possible. several things differ from normal / usual mmorpgs, some are similar though.
i think i'll come to that when the graphic tools are ready and tested. : ) ( when i sucessfully made the custom map and learned more about the basic functions )
Old 01-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Hello,

Larger sprites are already possible. Go to the Sprite Editor in the database and change the two textboxes under "Grid" to any size you want.

Tiles are currently restricted to multiples of 32. So your tile size can be 32x32, 64x64, 96x96, and so on.

If there are certain "ideas" you have that you don't want to make public, feel free to post them in the beta forum. One of the reasons for the private beta is to allow us to help you build your dream game and implement the features you need to accomplish that!

If you don't need the privacy, it's fine to post your ideas and requests here.