Go Back   MMORPG Maker XB Forums > MMORPG Maker XB Development > Bug Reports

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:34 PM

Smile [SOLVED] Couple Small Tweaks

My first question is how would you prefer to have bugs reported? Im sure Ill come across many small details as I go along, I write them down then when I get back to the forums I post my findings in bulk unless it's major.
Do you want me to keep it compiled into one topic for me to return to or do you guys prefer to have seperate topics for each bug?

Anywho, here's a few small things I've came across:

1. When selecting an object layer in the panel (in this case the message box and chat bar), I have no problems moving it verticaly, but when I want to move it in a horizontal direction, my mouse has to be in the center of the object to do so (took me a second to figure this out - at first I thought horizontal movement was unavailable).

2. Edit: Scratch that, this was an issue prior to being switched from the new unlaunched beta server so its fixed now.

3. In the tutorial post on the forums, step 57 states to "Create another new event" when you're ment to create another new action - this confused me at first as i went to start a new event lol.

Now there is one feature I think should be added, and thats the ability to upload multiple images at a time. For the time being Ill be borrowing some sprites and tilesets from rpgmaker xp and its no fun uploading them one at a time lol.

I know some of my reports will be minuet, but as an avid beta tester (though Ive never beta tested a program like this before) I try to be keen on my attention to detail to help better the development and will of course try to mess things up as much as possible to find a fix

Last edited by Ninja Kitten; 04-27-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Yes, bug reports should be reported in the bug reports forum. The beta forum is for anything regarding the beta that wouldn't fit in the other forums.

1. It's because we "snap" objects to the edges of the panel so you aren't moving it off the screen where players won't be able to see it. It seems this is only a problem with larger images so it could be an issue with our algorithm, but, for now, you can use the "X" and "Y" properties in the "Properties" tab to manually set the positions.

You can further file a report that you also currently need to manually resize objects in the "Properties" tab

Although, as seen on our Facebook page, we've already been solving that:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf

2. Skipped.

3. Thanks for pointing that out. It's been fixed.

You're free to post feature requests in the beta forum.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:02 AM

Alright, thank you!