Go Back   MMORPG Maker XB Forums > MMORPG Maker XB Development > Bug Reports

Old 05-14-2011, 11:08 AM

Default Chat bar implementation

Hi there everybody,

I'mn using this enginge for two days now and I'm just not getting around how to impent the Game.tmp into a map ...
I made the panel how its been described in the tutorial but after compiling I do not have the possibilitie to make a global event on any map.
I don't know if this is a bug or I am just to stupid for this. (Never had any problems in developing with eclipse etc. but this seems to more difficult^^)

I hope someone can help me
I'm thankful for any answer that is helping me to solve my problem (:
Old 05-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Hi,

First of all, the initial learning curve may be slightly more difficult but it's the trade-off we have to make to give you more power and flexibility.

You don't edit global events in the Level Editor. You edit global events in the Panel Editor in the "Game.tmp" panel.

You have to create a "Game.tmp" panel, and you can insert any objects or plugins into the global panel. The global panel will automatically be layered on top of all your game levels.

When you create a new event in the Level Editor, you'll see a tab for "Global." This simply gives you access to global objects from each level. So if I want to hide the interface during a cutscene level, I just go to the "Global" tab and hide my interface objects.

Let me know if you have more questions.