Go Back   MMORPG Maker XB Forums > MMORPG Maker XB Community > MMORPG Maker XB News

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 04:20 PM

So can we charge for people for like memberships like club penguin or some other mmorpg, and/or can we charge for like items and coins like maple story and most other neon games?
Old 09-30-2011, 07:50 PM

Where are the pricing options? There are not many review sites out there so there are a lot of stuff esp when it comes to pricing that I am unsure of.

My goal is to mess around with it and maybe have a couple of my friends play together in our own world. So I dont need a huge server made for hundreds or more. I just need a small server for less than 10, to start with. After we build it up to a good sized world (probably working slowly over time as we are busy with our work), we may think about upgrading.

So I understand it that the 47 dollars are for the program alone. And servers may be free or starting at $5 and up. Is there a pricing page I missed out? Or do I have to buy the program first before I see it?
Old 10-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Our servers start at $4.95/month - it's extremely affordable.

We have to work out the logistics before we can launch the servers for everyone, but here's what it looks like right now:

servers.png

As you can see, affordability was our primary motivation as we know most of our audience are not professional game developers with the budget. However, it's important to note that as a result, we take a loss on the servers for the vast majority of the launch, and, besides the logistics, this is one reason for the delays, but you can see from the screenshot above we have [most] of the payments processing worked out now.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:20 PM

Right.
I have my own dedicated server.
If I buy this engine will I need any other packages to make it work for me?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:15 AM
Administrator

We only offer users to run on their own dedicated server if they have the game studio license. The game studio license starts at $10,000 USD and is aimed at more serious developers.

If you are interested in this, use our contact page to get more information.

This topic will have to be closed as it's getting off topic to general server questions rather than comments on the server scalability features as discussed in the original post. If you have server questions, feel free to post them in the appropriate forum.
Closed Thread