Go Back   MMORPG Maker XB Forums > MMORPG Maker XB Community > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2011, 04:08 AM

Default A few questions...

1.Can the engine you made via on the web be turned in to an exe itself
2. How many players can join your server basicly
3.Would it be possible to use my own sprites ?
4.What language would we be using
If anyone would be kind enough to answer my questions that would be nice
Old 04-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Administrator

1. Yes, but this feature is currently not available. There is a discussion in the beta forum titled "Desktop Client" which discusses plans and features for exporting to a desktop executable application file. We are planning support for Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop exports, but it's not a priority since the web browser versions already support Internet Explorer 6+ (over 10 years old browser), Firefox, Safari 4+, Chrome 5+, etc. and we already support Windows, Mac, Linux inside the browser.

2. We haven't finalized server plans, but if you have a full dedicated server, we do not place restrictions on simultaneous players. Obviously, shared hosting plans will carry restrictions depending on the plan and your needs. Theoretically, our chat demo can scale to hundreds of thousands of simultaneous users, but, of course, actual gameplay will vary depending on your bandwidth usage and server hardware.

For more information, we suggest our server scalability news topic at: http://www.mmorpgmakerxb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70

3. Yes. There's even a video of someone using his own custom sprites in the bug report forum because he was reporting a possible bug (there was no bug though!)

4. English.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:09 AM

Oh yes when I purchase this will I always have it ? like when you initialy release this will it or will it not be in my ownership ?
Old 04-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Administrator

We have not finalized any plans for the final version as the beta is our current priority. Although we aren't under any obligation to do so, if we choose to lower the price for the final version, we may provide bonuses, discounts, and other exclusives for our current beta users.

However, a common price comparison we use is Adobe Flash CS5's cost of $699 USD. If anything, we aren't charging enough, but there are currently no plans to change beta prices at the moment.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
We have not finalized any plans for the final version as the beta is our current priority. Although we aren't under any obligation to do so, if we choose to lower the price for the final version, we may provide bonuses, discounts, and other exclusives for our current beta users.

However, a common price comparison we use is Adobe Flash CS5's cost of $699 USD. If anything, we aren't charging enough, but there are currently no plans to change beta prices at the moment.
Thanks, this answers what was on my mind. I also agree that you're not charging enough for even the beta version. Last thing you want is over-saturation but very few can afford hundreds of dollars for software, making it a half decent price on a monthly basis to cover server charges would seem more than appropriate to me or give both options of paying for a one year license or month by month but I also think that slashing the price for those with their own servers would appeal to the more serious game builders.