Go Back   MMORPG Maker XB Forums > MMORPG Maker XB Community > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2011, 05:34 AM

Default Use my own server?

Hey

I've not tried anything yet, made my way here first to see if I could find an answer to my question. I realize that this is a rather new site (Alexa = 1,646,510) so I figured I'll ask here instead of writing an email.

I have my own server which can currently handle about 5,000 concurrent connections and it's pretty fast. Would it be possible to upload to my own server and what type of "guts" would be the minimum requirements and the suggested requirements. The idea behind it is I'd rather it show my domain name. I'd like to use the servers here for building and testing and once it's ready for release, migrate it to my own server.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by GigasGaming; 05-22-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 05-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Administrator

You can show your own domain name.

When you publish your game, you are provided an iframe embed code.

It's the same thing YouTube uses to embed videos on external websites.

We don't allow third party server hosting except for those that license our game engine.

For convenience, I will quote from another thread ( http://www.mmorpgmakerxb.com/forums/...read.php?t=116 ):

Quote:
Relatively strict, but we run much more proprietary code on the backend spread out through different servers than just game server code. We do provide licensing options for professional organizations where customization, custom scalability, and custom security policies are a top priority, but these are primarily aimed at game studios and prices start at $10,000 USD + royalties. Please contact us via email if you are interested:

http://www.mmorpgmakerxb.com/p/contact
Old 05-23-2011, 07:36 PM

Oh ok, wow, that is is pretty neat, I'll say, clever idea. Getting a bunch of ideas over here. Thans for your input Admin.